Grief Smart Advisor: Widowhood
The Collective Group
Teaching professionals to support the unique needs of women and widows.
What if I say something wrong?
Uncertainty, awkwardness, and fear of saying the wrong thing is completely NORMAL. Learning what to say and how to say it breeds confidence.
Do we learn about grief?
You will learn and develop an awareness of loss, grief terms, grief styles and grief literacy communication skills as they may pertain to your clients.
How can I help clients with loss that isn't death?
You will learn in depth strategies to support your clients before, during and after a serious health diagnosis, cognitive impairment, caregiving, etc. Anticipatory grief starts well before an actual death.
Grief Smart Advisor - Widow Clients
You will learn how to:
- Master your empathetic conversations, questioning strategies and interpersonal skills
- Understand the data, trends & financial uniqueness of widow clients
- Develop grief and community resources
- Practice inclusive vocabulary and unconscious bias awareness
- Hone your purpose driven message statement for what you do and who you serve
- Learn and apply grief style differences & communication preferences with women and men
- Develop rapport, relationships and relevance with all current clients
- Create a system of managing the paperwork and financial tasks now, soon and later
- Learn keys to an effective educational format, workshop or event for women/widows
- Advocate for policies that matter to women/widows and their families
- And more!
What Questions Do You Have?
Who is this group collective for?
What are the dates and times?
Is this only for women advisors?
Will replays be available if miss the live session?
What is the time commitment?
What is the cost?
Today's Clients, are Tomorrow's Widows
The longest advisor relationship will be with a woman and most likely be a widow. When 80% of women will be the sole financial decision maker at one point in their lives, the focus must lean to supporting and engaging this demographic. Engaging clients going through tough life transitions is challenging. How do you know what to say, how to communicate, how to follow up immediately after a death? How do you confidently provide the necessary tools to help your grieving client? How do you remain their trusted advisor and help them safely navigate financial matters?
Develop a system that champions women/widow clients, expands your business, retains intergenerational wealth and start leading as a Grief Smart Advisor.
Referrals and Loyalty for a lifetime
Kathi Balasek is an educator, grief literacy communication coach, corporate consultant, university lecturer, speaker, and widow advocate. She teaches financial professionals how to improve their grief literacy communication skills to best serve bereaved clients.
Combining her 25 years of teaching, coaching and personal experience, she created Grief Smart Advisor as a tool to help professionals retain, connect and support clients experiencing loss and grief.
We will ALL experience grief and loss. Grief leadership and communication are critical now! Join me in this cultural conversation.